Sunday, July 29, 2007

James 1:12-15

.:.
Today was a great day and I've been thinking all day about the message Bill Barber brought this morning using his reference of James 1:12-15. Some messages hit home more than others for sure, but todays message gave me much to think about on Satan and how he operates, what his main goal is and why he never quits. I know I've read this passage many times and my Bible is marked over with notes out to the side, but today it finally hit me that when someone says .... God is really tempting me today... they are just mistalking for God isn't the one that is tempting us, but we tempt ourselves because of our nature. All of us do not have the same temptations because we are all different liking different things, having different preferences and Satan knows what those are and will use them against us. As Bill Barber said, there is nothing wrong with having preferences for things like nice clothes, houses, any material thing but it's when we put those above Jesus that it comes sin which leads to death.

12
¶ Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
13
Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14
but every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15
Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin; and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

No comments:

Word of the day.

.:.