Johnnie is having test in Texas concerning a mass in his lungs. My prayer is for his strength and the doctor's wisdom and skill.
My life is so truly blessed with so much joy. I am very thankful for each day and praise God for this time in my life.
The Holy Bible: King James Version. 2000.
The Psalms 121
The LORD Is Thy Keeper
A Song of degrees.
1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
7 The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil he shall preserve thy soul.
8 The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth,and even for evermore.
Published by The American Bible Society
Note from Sandy:
Hello to everyone. We hope all is well with each of you. It's been a rainy day in Houston but thankfully we don't have to walk outside to get to our appointments. Buildings are connected by skybridges. Carts are used to shuttle patients thru the skybridges because it is so far to walk between some of the clinics. We began early this morning trying to get Johnny's MRI and CT scan changed from Friday to Thursday in hopes of seeing the pulmonary doctor today. We did it!!! Based on their CT scan the pulmonary doctors recommend a bronchoscopy with ultrasound to biopsy the mass. Not many facilities in the country do this. Johnny had the normal bronchoscopy procedure at Crawford Long but Dr. Miller was unable to reach the mass because of the location. The pulmonary doctors here feel very certain that they will be successful with the biopsy. The downside is that the bronchoscopy/biopsy can't be done until next Thursday. There is a chance that Johnny could be bumped up due to a cancellation but that doesn't happen often. Johnny has an anesthesiology appointment at 10 the Wednesday before so we will need to be here by Tuesday afternoon. Our dilema is whether to drive home this weekend and fly out next Tuesday or stay here and hope for a cancellation. We will decide in the morning. Some things just aren't easy. As I'm doing this email, I am having a conversation with a super nice (young) Christian guy from Americus, GA who has leukemia. The world is small. He has a 4 yr old and a 6 month baby. He's here for a transplant that will be done tomorrow. He will go home sometime between late November and December. He will be in the hospital 6 weeks and has rented an apartment until he goes home. Family members are scheduled every 2 weeks to come out and stay with him. When you pray for Johnny please pray for Ander and his family. Thanks again for your love, support, and prayers. Much love. Johnny and Sandy