Monday, August 20, 2007

Turning 60

Today is my birthday. I actually can't believe that I have lived 60 years! Saturday I painted with my pastels and finished the painting I'm showing today of two ducks. I'm calling the painting "Cool Waters" and it reminds me of Psalm 23. We all have studied David's prayer of guidance and protection and how the shepherds would lead their sheep to still waters to drink because rushing waters would frighten them and still waters would be calming offering a safe environment for them to drink. I think the waters would also be cool, refreshing, strenghtening and soothing and of course, life itself.



Psalm 23 (KJV)


1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

2 comments:

Joni said...

Lovely blog. Beautiful painting. Thank you for sharing. Someday when I have more time I'd like to look through your painting lesson blog.

Joni said...

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I did forget to wish you a happy birthday yesterday...hope it was a lovely day. I enjoy reading through your blog, it is very inspirational and I was happily surprised to discover you had a blogspot. I originally had your art work bookmarked from the internet. Absolutely beautiful work. Very nice to make your acquaintance.

Word of the day.

.:.