Friday, January 18, 2008

Fantastic Friday

It's Friday and I'm looking forward to having Carley Ann and Anna Claire spend the night. Today I'll have to think of some different art/craft thing for us to do. It's always fun to watch them work and try out different tools. Carley Ann at 3 loves colored markers but is still dangerous with them too close to my white couch. Anna Claire at 19 months can hold the markers by making a fist and she is double dangerous near anything. I have the wall art to prove it. :)

This morning I'm enjoying my coffee that I got from Jittery Joe's in Peachtree City. I made my own blend from a canister of "Two Stories" and "Traveling Joe" Two Stories is the decaf version and Traveling Joe is just a blend I like. All of the blends must be wonderful but I'm stuck on Traveling Joe.

The SS lesson this week comes from Psalm 7 where David is calling out to God to save him from being accused of doing someone wrong and he feels he hasn't done anything. I've been thinking on times when this has happened to me and can only think of a few times.

Psalm 7:1-3


O LORD my God, I take refuge in you; save and deliver me from all who pursue me, or they will tear me like a lion and rip me to pieces with no one to rescue me.

O LORD my God, if I have done this and there is guilt on my hands- if I have done evil to him who is at peace with me or without cause have robbed my foe- then let my enemy pursue and overtake me; let him trample my life to the ground and make me sleep in the dust.

Arise, O LORD, in your anger; rise up against the rage of my enemies. Awake, my God; decree justice. Let the assembled peoples gather around you. Rule over them from on high; let the LORD judge the peoples.


The thing with me is that most of the time when I'm called on the carpet as they say, I'm totally in the wrong and need the correction! Hey, where does the saying being called on the carpet come from? I'll have to see if I can find out. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the red carpet or a carpet ride. :)

Back to David, I'm glad we have the example of David to study and learn from. Being wrongly accused or unjustly persecuted can be one of the worst feelings we encounter in life. Sometimes we never get over this kind of experience. If we are mature enough, we can work through our trial with the help of God, but if we are very young we may suffer the scars for a long time before we find that only God can heal wounds that have become our enemies.

I am thankful today that I can shout with joy that God is on my side! I'm thankful for coffee, family, friends, pets, earth and love. Beginning the day with a thankful heart seems to set the mood for the day no matter what other things I have to do or think about. I hope you will have a fantastic Friday!

4 comments:

Annette said...

I love it! when I read it, it made me realy think about thing's, if it's o.k. with you, can I please print it off for my daughter to read?

Phyllis Russell Franklin said...

Sure thing, Annette. Sometimes my mind jumps around things in the mornings, especially before my coffee works its magic. David is such a wonderful character to study isn't he? He messed up yet God loved him so and continued to use him. The more I study, the deeper meanings I get from each passage. I guess it's part of ...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear...

I have no idea how people who do not believe in God ever heal from hurts. He IS the great physician after all.

kimberly said...

amen.......

Joni said...

I am so very thankful for these same things Phyllis and you are right that beginning the day with a thankful heart puts the rest of it all into perspective. Thank you for sharing your lesson. I always walk away from your blog more inspired and appreciative.
Have a wonderful day in Georgia!

Word of the day.

.:.