Monday, February 11, 2008

Balance


And I will walk at liberty and at ease, for I have sought and inquired for Your precepts. Psalm 119:45


Finding balance in our lives takes many forms of discipline. It's like walking a tightrope and learning what it takes not to fall off. I wish we had a smart gene that would collectively allow us to learn from those that have come before us. I suppose there are things we do learn from our ancestors but other things we have to learn on our own. Even some lessons we learn we end up having to repeat the lesson over and over until we finally get it, or at least this is true with me. Having the right direction helps too just like the confusing sign pictured above. I’m thankful we have the Bible that can point us in the right direction and help us walk the tightrope of our lives and help us find balance.

Today I am praying for my mother who is having a colonoscopy this morning. I'll pick her up at 8 and hopefully we will be home by lunchtime. She is 80, just 20 years older than me. When I look at my mother I am awed at what she has accomplished and how God has used her to help so many people. My prayer today is for comfort and protection for her and that the problems she is having will be an easy fix or adjustment with medication.

2 comments:

kimberly said...

will keep her in my thoughts and prayers, phyllis.....that all goes well.....
hope you enjoy your day.

Joni said...

Lessons learned help make life what it is. I am also thankful for the Bible and all that it teaches...I hope your mother makes a quick recovery...I will pray for her comfort and that God have a healing hand in her situation.

Have a good day Phyllis,
Joni

Word of the day.

.:.