Friday, February 8, 2008

Courage



Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9


Whatever I face today I can handle because I know that God is with me. It's a good thing too because sometimes if He were not with me I probably would do or say the wrong thing. Well, even then sometimes I mess up, but knowing he is with me gives me strength and courage to do the right thing.

Today I lift up prayers for Johnny, Sandy, Sandra, Norman, Tom, my mother, brother and Carolyn, Terri and Brent and the girls. My unmentioned prayer list is long as I'm well aware that each of us have burdens or needs that only God can help us with. I'm thankful that we have a God that loves and cares for all of us always.

Anna Claire and Carley Ann come to spend the night tonight. I think we will paint some valentines and decorate the sitting room.

3 comments:

kimberly said...

courage and strength.....i pray daily for them....thank you for the posts, phyllis.

Joni said...

On most days I feel strong and courageous and It's all because God is my rock...He is always there and I internalize and treasure that foremost in my life every single day. Thank you for sharing such a promising message.

Enjoy your grandchildren tonight!

~Joni~

Annette said...

I watched your "God tube" and of course I cried.....I cry so easy any more, I think God is pulling on my heart string's.

Word of the day.

.:.