Sunday, February 10, 2008

Instruction



Hear counsel, receive instruction, and accept correction, that you may be wise in the time to come. Proverbs 19:20





A letter to Dr. Cliburn on his 50th service recognition

Dear Dr. Cliburn:

I praise God for the honor to have known you and your family. Memories of how your family and ours have crossed paths and been a blessing to us over the years are way too many to write down, but I want you to know that each one has a special place in our hearts and I thank God for them.

Your ministry in Thomaston and beyond has blessed my heart and been a great help to me especially. You probably don’t remember all the ways as I am just one of thousands over the last 50 years, but I do. I remember how much you helped me with a class I was leading on prayer life at Fellowship Baptist, and of course, I will be forever indebted to you for speaking with me personally about family matters and offering words directly from God’s word to help me deal with difficult situations.

I thank you for your ministry to my mother, Ruth Russell, at New Hope Baptist. Your words to her from the pulpit as well as to her personally have meant so much. She continues to thank God for you and for the work you did at New Hope as well as all the other churches you have served as interim pastor.

I thank you for also extending your love to my son Brent Franklin, daughter in law Terri Franklin and my precious granddaughters Carley Ann and Anna Claire Franklin. Your ability to connect with all the generations is amazing. Brent still remembers your visits to our home when he was little and you were our pastor at First Baptist and then our pastor at Fellowship Baptist when he was a teen. It’s all of these memories that are precious to all of us.

With all our love, Phyllis and family

1 comment:

Joni said...

A letter from the heart that is sure to be meaningful...you are so sweet Phyllis.

Word of the day.

.:.