Thursday, February 7, 2008

Preference

I love those who love me, and those who seek me early and diligently shall find me. Proverbs 8:17


When I don't feel well everything I do seems to take such effort and I begin to question if any of it is necessary. Well, some things are necessary for life and something we just do because it's our preference, our choice.

One of the things that I have done off and on most of my life is write down my thoughts and sometimes prayers to God. There have been times in my life that I didn't journal at all, and I have to admit there have been times I didn't even talk to God. Looking back, those were really awful days. Did God go somewhere? Did I not need Him? Was I too busy or too tired? Was I just ashamed of myself and thought I could hide?

Why do I feel the need to write down my morning thoughts as part of my devotion time? Why not just skip it. I know that my motives are misplaced if I think reading my Bible, praying, writing in my journal or just striving to be the person God would have me be makes God happy because He is going to be happy no matter what I do. He loves me unconditionally and for that I am very grateful.

I choose to write down my thoughts and prayers because it makes me happy. Every single thing that God tells us to do, He tells us to do it because it is good for us. He doesn't ask us to devote ourselves to study and prayer because it is good for Him; it's because it is good for us. Journaling is good. I'm happy.

1 comment:

kimberly said...

a good idea to journal, phyllis....there is a lot to getting thoughts down in writing....and....for me, it would help to remember the thoughts i had, or questions i meant to find answers to....
have a wonderful day...
kimberly

Word of the day.

.:.