Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Smile

Anna Claire and teacher Ms. Julie

Psalm 25: 4-5

4 Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.

5 Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.


Yesterday I met with the breakfast prayer group and we had really had a good time sharing prayer concerns, writing cards, and just general sharing. We all need times with friends to keep us in touch with each other and to be aware of the concerns that others have, what's going on in their lives, and of course to share happy fun things too. Those happy fun things put smiles on our faces and that's a good thing as Martha would say.

I hear and see articles all the time about how to be happy. It seems that many have become obsessed with getting to the state of happiness and staying there constantly. Is this truly what we are supposed to do? Do we really have to put a smile on our faces all the time and be jolly? I don't think so. There is nothing wrong with feeling down and showing it.

Sometimes crying is the best thing you can do. If you always try to smile when you don't feel like it you will be supressing that inner need to get rid of what is bothering you. When the crying is over and you have poured out your heart to God, you can rejoice knowing God is always with you no matter what. We are, after all, His sheep and listen to His voice to lead and direct all our paths. He will not lead us wrong. It's not learning to be happy that is most important, it's learning to listen and respond to His voice.

Carley Ann


Philipians 4-8

4
Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.

5
Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

6
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.



Carley Ann

3 comments:

kimberly said...

what beautiful pictures of your sweet girls, phyllis....love the flour on her little face! :)
so comforting to know that God knows our hearts and knows what we are going through.....and understands.
have a beautiful Georgia morning!
(i would love to visit your state sometime)
kimberly

Annette said...

I totaly agree on what you wrote about, and your grandaughter is totaly gergous as well, shes so darn cute!!! I agree with Nonnie, its so very comforting to me to know that God know's my heart. God bless you....Nettie

Joni said...

I've come to think of my smile and (try-as-I-might) positive approach as my armour, but there are days when I need to just set that armour aside and be weak and vulnerable before the Lord where it's just He and I...He always turns my tears into a fresh outlook and I get such comfort from that. Thank you Phyllis for the words you share today. Your girls are such angels.

Have a wonderful day ~
Joni

Word of the day.

.:.