Friday, February 1, 2008

Steel Magnolias




Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you. 2 Thessalonians 3:16




I love watching the movie Steel Magnolias over and over. It seems each time I watch it I see things I didn't see or hear before. It makes me smile and cry and it's so true to life, or at least life as I see it in the south. I keep trying to pick out which steel magnolia I might be like but I find bits and pieces of myself in all of them.

Steel Magnolia Truvy: In a good shoe, I wear a size six, but a seven feels so good, I buy a size eight.


Just like me watching my favorite movies over and over, I enjoy reading and thinking about familar verses in the Bible. I love the greetings and endings that so many of the epistiles have and I often wonder if this is how they really greeted each other or just how they wrote. Oh course, when I think about how the people in the Bible spoke I think in KJV and see Charlton Heston. Anyway, it's something funny to think about and makes me smile and sometimes giggle.

Grace be unto you. :)



Steel Magnolias, Carley Ann Franklin and Grace Matson.

3 comments:

Joni said...

Good morning Phyllis, I love the movie Steel Magnolias, but I haven't seen it in such a long time. Maybe its time to watch it again.


Have a good day.

kimberly said...

my thoughts the same as joni's.....and to pay more attention since you say it is how you see southern life. :)

Annette said...

I too am going to have to rewatch it, I have a movie that I cry every stinking time, it remind's me so much of my mom and step dad(the man who raised me as his own) and the love they had, and have I told you "Thank you for your prayer's, I feel so connected to you"

Word of the day.

.:.