Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thinking


Ephesians 4 NIV

1 As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.

2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

4 There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called—

5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism;

6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

It's Wednesday already. The days seem to zip by and even though chores get accomplished it seems that there is no end in sight. Several things have been on my mind this week that keep popping to the surface demanding attention. One is the Dr. Oz segment on Oprah this past Monday where a lady was interviewed and the audience was asked to guess her age. They said 60. She was 44. I'm 60. What does 60 look like? I know I'm not a healthy 60 and even though I make plans, I don't follow through.

Wellness seems to take a backseat to all the other activities in my life. I tend to take care of others and "things" first and have ignored doing what I know I need to do for myself. I sit this morning drinking my coffee and eating a huge blueberry muffin. My head tells me I should be eating blueberries, yogurt and granola along with some green tea. Sigh

The other thing that is bothering me this morning is a Fresh Air segment I heard on NPR yesterday interviewing Bart Ehrman, a religious studies professor. I caught the last half of this interview returning from the grocery store buying those huge blueberry muffins. The interview was disturbing to me and I'm unsure how to get my mind around what was said or how I would talk with this person. It's obvious from his resume that he is well educated. It's also obvious that he has struggled with questions that his mind can not answer. The only thing I can be sure of is that only God knows the answer to all questions. I cling to Ephesians 4: 6 "one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all." Even after listening to this interview, I realize that God can even work thru and use this man. After all, look at me, this morning I'm laying all my concerns at the feet of Jesus. I am sure that is what He would have me do.

(Image - Anna Claire learning to think.)

3 comments:

Joni said...

I think we are all guilty of the blueberry muffins in life...don't be too hard on yourself...but know that YOU are WORTH every effort you put forth in maintaining good health. When I get frustrated with my own lack of self-discipline I try to focus in on John 3:30...He must increase, but I must decrease.
I can apply that to many things in my life...habits, food, time...oh the list goes on...anyway, eat a healthy lunch and/or dinner and you will feel better. Every single day is a new day to start over, but there's no time like the present.

Have a healthy day today~
Joni :)

Annette said...

we as women and mother's tend to forget about self's first, we have and always will put other before our need's, like Jesus has and is doing for us! Your 60? I think you look marvoulus for 60, but your heart is young, I can tell. I agree with Joni just eat a sensible dinner, and it will even out=) I love you...Love Nettie

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Very thoughtful post. xoxo nita

Word of the day.

.:.