Friday, April 11, 2008

Crown of Glory

1 Peter 5: 1-4

1 To the elders among you, I appeal as a fellow elder, a witness of Christ's sufferings and one who also will share in the glory to be revealed:

2 Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care, serving as overseers—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve;

3 not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock.

4 And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.


As mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, wives, husbands, co-workers, friends and all those other relationship we have on this earth, we are charged by God as caretakers of those relationships. It's a big responsibilty, but God tells us that if we take good care of those He has entrusted to us, we will have the reward of a crown of glory. I'd like to think about this today and turn it over in my heart. I know the only way to really be a good caretaker is to be the kind of person God would have me be. These are awesome words from God today.

Hope you enjoy your day!


Come visit with me and walk around my yard. Mind you, I haven't been working in my yard for the past two years and the weeds and shrubs that birds plant have grown up in the azalea beds. But, even they are beautiful. I've so enjoyed being able to get out and do a few things this spring. My leg, hip and tail bone seem to like it, and only grumble a bit. Thank God for Allison too, who helps me in the yard.











4 comments:

Annette said...

I'd like to think I've been doing my job that God wants of me, it's not easy, and I love the pictures, is this your home in the back ground? Azalea's are one of the many flowers I love too see in peoples yard's, so danity and colorful....I forgot to Thank you for another beautiful scripture today...Hug's Annette

kimberly said...

love.love.love your pictures, phyllis....what a lovely place to bloom! i too, love azaleas....beautiful....so glad you are able to get out and play in your gardens this spring...i'm sure there is healing in that!
thanks for the thoughts and lovely stroll....
have a wonderful day,
kimberly

Phyllis Russell Franklin said...

Annette, yes, Cocoa puff and I live here but the house gets full as Terri, Brent and the girls are here often. Some of the pictures show the brick walk I laid myself... so I have to brag on my self for that even if it was when I was younger.

Kimberly, thanks and yes, the sun, fresh air and walking in the garden is so good for me. My leg muscles are getting stronger and I feel more sure of myself these days as I'm not wobbling so much.

Joni said...

Hi Phyllis!
I've never been to Georgia before, but your little tour today had to be the perfect place to see...the home of a friend I've never met and yet I can feel the warmth and care you have poured into your surroundings...absolutely beautiful. Is the smaller building your studio?

I'll back track on the posts I have missed this evening when I have some quiet time...I like to read over yours very slowly and FEEL that special thing that's always in your messages.

p.s. I can't help but notice that Cocoa Puff enjoys having her (?) picture taken...adorable kitty.

Word of the day.

.:.