Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The God of Jacob



1 Praise ye the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul.

2 While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.

3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.

5 Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God:

6 Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: which keepeth truth for ever:

7 Which executeth judgment for the oppressed: which giveth food to the hungry. The LORD looseth the prisoners:

8 The LORD openeth the eyes of the blind: the LORD raiseth them that are bowed down: the LORD loveth the righteous:

9 The LORD preserveth the strangers; he relieveth the fatherless and widow: but the way of the wicked he turneth upside down.

10 The LORD shall reign for ever, even thy God, O Zion, unto all generations. Praise ye the LORD.


A few days ago I was talking with a friend of mine and she told me that someone had told her that the God talked about in the Old Testament was not the same God of the New Testament. "What!!!", I said. God is the same God yesterday, today and tomorrow. He doesn't change. It is us that do the changing. It is of great comfort to me that I know He doesn't change. I can always go to Him and He is always waiting for me, willing to listen, willing to talk.

Hope your day is filled with much love today and you enjoy God's earth trusting in Him rather than anything else as Jacob finally did. I love the story of Jacob because it shows me again how much we can mess up things but God can turn things around and work them for His good and ours. It's a good thing that the God of Jacob is the same God we have today and will be for all eternity.


Wellness Tip: Low Fat Does not Mean Eat More - Just remember to check the food label to make sure you are actually reducing your caloric intake and do not double-up on the servings consumed just because the food is "fat-free." Too many calories, whether from carbohydrates, protein, or fat will lead to weight gain.

4 comments:

kimberly said...

thank you for the verses, phyllis and your words....i felt the same way after reading this morning in Psalms....
"Many times He came to their rescue, but they were disobedient and rebellious still. And YET when he heard them wail and cry aloud..he looked with pity on their distress; he called to mind his covenant with them ..and in his boundless love, relented; He roused compassion for them in the hearts of all their captors."

Boundless love.....
hope your day is productive but not frazzled! :)
hugs,
kimberly

Annette said...

so true, his love is boundless like Kim wrote, he loves all of us and no matter how many times we turn our backs he's right around the corner for us, like a loving father is for his children, it's just amazing to me. Love the photo. Thank you for the wonderful word, you ALWAYS know what to write. Lot's & lot's of hug's Annette

kimberly said...

forgot to mention the gorgeous flower....beautiful....what kind is?
sleep well,
kimberly

Joni said...

I always wondered why all of the religions couldn't agree that we are all worshiping the same God, so be it if the traditions and customs are different, there would be less hatred in the world if we could resolve idolatry in the divine sense...One God...I love the sound of that...it feels secure, constant, faithful...

Beautiful Iris, at least I think that's what it is...?

Your surroundings are so lovely Phyllis...you yourself are planted in the appropriate spot...
hope you are enjoying your time at the Callaway house ~
much love,
Joni

Word of the day.

.:.