Tuesday, April 15, 2008

His Divine Power


2 Peter 1:3-11

3 His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge;

6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;

7 and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.

10 Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall,

11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.


Yes! We have everything we need in Jesus Christ. I remember a class I was in asked us to start listing down the promises that God has given to all of us. It seemed to me every time I opened my Bible a promise popped up waving it's words with delight. That was a good exercise and one that I think I might do again. Oh, I know you can buy books with the promises already listed, but it's not the same as finding them yourself.

I'm praising God this morning for His word and His promises. I'm thankful that I hear His voice in that sweet inner place in my heart and soul.



I'm also thankful today that I can again show you something from my house that I treasure as part of my heritage. This is my Blue Bubble Depression glass passed down from various members of my family and added to as I find them. I'm looking forward to doing a luncheon soon with these... now on to the recipes. :)

6 comments:

Joni said...

I can't imagine how my day might go if I didn't start out thinking this...He truly does supply everything we need and I am always sure to thank Him for that when I say my prayers at night.

Your little treasure is a beauty...I just love those things that come from the Depression era. These are sure to make your luncheon extra-special. Now I am curious...what kind of tastey treats does a Southern Lady serve at such a get-together?

Do enjoy your day...there's but one Tuesday this week afterall.

:)
hugs,
Joni

kimberly said...

i thank Him every day for all things.....and pray always for a thankful heart.

love your treasure, phyllis....let us know when you complete the set...and when the luncheon is...maybe we could get a little caravan from the west headed your way?
and enjoy some of that southern cooking!
have a blessed day,
kimberly

Annette said...

again you always know what to say that hits home with me, I love your treasure, I remember a baby sitter I once had (as a little) girl, she had the very same thing and I'd eat my root beer float or coke float out them, I liked how the bubble felt when I ran my finger's over them. Hug's Nettie

Joni said...

I like Kimberly's idea...a lot!...and I don't mind driving!
:)

Phyllis Russell Franklin said...

My door is always open. Please come for a visit anytime.

Joni said...

be careful...I've been known to be spontaneous and adventurous all at the same time, I might be knocking on your door... :)

I really do wish you didn't live so far away!

Word of the day.

.:.