Sunday, April 13, 2008

A kiss of love

1 Peter 5: 12-14

12 With the help of Silas, whom I regard as a faithful brother, I have written to you briefly, encouraging you and testifying that this is the true grace of God. Stand fast in it.

13 She who is in Babylon, chosen together with you, sends you her greetings, and so does my son Mark.

14 Greet one another with a kiss of love. Peace to all of you who are in Christ.


Here in America I don't often see people greeting each other physically with a kiss of love, but in many cultures they do. Still, even if we don't physically greet each other with a kiss, we can in our hearts. What it all means is if our hearts are right, then everything else will fall in place too. It really is true.

It's said that little children can melt even the most hardened hearts. We see examples of this all the time with little children turning grumpy old men and women into happy, smiling beings just by being around.

Another thing that is said all the time in our culture is "If mama is happy, everyone is happy." That's true because so much of the time it is the woman of the household that sets the tone. Of course, this is true of daddies too, but the meaning of the saying is true.

Today I'm going to be thinking and praying about the greeting I send out each time I meet someone. I may not have any difficulty with this on the surface, but digging deeper, I know there is much to work on.



Carley Ann and friend Grace

3 comments:

Annette said...

I love the angels you have pictured this morning...I greet people with a small peck on the cheek, dont know where I got it from, my mom is not an affectionate person, It must be becouse I have Christ in my heart and life? Happy Sunday my friend.

Hugs Always,
Annette

Joni said...

I try to be more conscious of how I greet people also. I know how much I appreciate when people look me in the eye with a sincere smile and an earnest "Hello"...family and friends I hug...all others receive a heart-felt salutation and/or a handshake, but always, always with a smile.

you, I'd hug!
wishing you small moments to treasure today ~
Joni

kimberly said...

we are a very "touchy-feely" family....not just by our description..:) i, too, love being greeted with a sincere look in the eye and smile....i try to do likewise....
and like joni....you'd get a big hug, phyllis!
kimberly

Word of the day.

.:.