Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Living for God



1 Peter 4: 1-11

1 Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because he who has suffered in his body is done with sin.

2 As a result, he does not live the rest of his earthly life for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God.

3 For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do—living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry.

4 They think it strange that you do not plunge with them into the same flood of dissipation, and they heap abuse on you.

5 But they will have to give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead.

6 For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to men in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit.

7 The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray.

8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

9 Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.

10 Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.

11 If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever.

Amen.


Yesterday was a frazzled day. It all started with an upset stomach, which took up entirely too much time. I didn't have time to be sick. Who knows why my stomach was upset, it just was, but all is better now. By the time my stomach was better it was already daylight and I had to get moving with the things planned for the day. I missed my morning devotion and for the rest of the day I didn't feel quiet right.

It was late in the day before I settled back into my home. During the day I had taken care of car maintenance and got new tires. 5 Star Tire & Auto has a nice comfortable waiting room so I took advantage of that and pulled out my book to read. The author was talking about snow and how the snow covers the ground with a blanket of white making everything look so clean. He went on to say that this is the same thing that Jesus Christ did and does for us, His love covers our sins. We don't have much snow here in west central Georgia, but when it does snow, it's beautiful. As I continued to think about snow and about God's grace my mind jumped to singing "Jesus paid it all". When I woke this morning I was still thinking about that song so I went to You Tube and found a clip. Enjoy. I did. :)

3 comments:

kimberly said...

so glad things went better for you as the day wore on, phyllis....thank you for the message and the song this morning.....love hearing a congregation sing! beautiful. hope this day is beautiful for you!
hugs,
kimberly

Anonymous said...

Thanks for song! It was beautiful and refreshing. Praying your day today goes well and that the Lord blesses you!

God bless,
Sallie

Annette said...

How did you know that I needed that this morning..Thank dear friend and my wish for you is have a great day, and may God put another song on your heart to share for all of us to listen too. Hugs () Annette

Word of the day.

.:.