Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Prayer offered in faith

James 5: 13-20

13 Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise.

14 Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord.

15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven.

16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

17 Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years.

18 Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops.

19 My brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back,

20 remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins.


What wonderful verses to read this morning. God wants to hear from us no matter what. Being able to tell God what is on our hearts when we are troubled or sing praises when we are happy makes for the kind of relationship God wants.



Several times during my childhood my mother, brother and I would come to live next door to my grandmother while my father continued his career with the army. During those times I learned how to be a southern lady and do all the things southern ladies do. Oh do I ever have stories to tell about those days, but today I want to show you my grandmother's wooden flour bowl. I'm so honored to have it and do keep it as one of my special treasures filling it with different things as the days go by. I've even used it to hold my flour while I made biscuits but not three times a day like my grandmother did. :)

Hope you have an awesome praise God day today!

1 comment:

Joni said...

I love your wooden flour bowl. I can only imagine the great uses of such an heirloom... but oh, how I would equally love to hear all those stories about being a Southern Lady...maybe someday.

EVERYDAY is a Praise God day, even if I have to go back to school today :(

Hope your day is fruitful ~
Hugs,
Joni

Word of the day.

.:.