Monday, April 28, 2008

Renewed day by day

2 Corinthians 4
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.

18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.


I certainly feel the effects of outwardly wasting away these days but at the same time I can say I certainly feel the effects of being renewed day by day too. I think that's one of the reasons I wake up eager to see what new word God has for me each morning. My soul swells with each renewed understanding. Each morning I become more and more thankful for His presence in my life.

My iron level has dropped again. :( Why it is that I can't find a routine that will keep me on a level keel, I don't know. My days are busy with this and that and I seem to fit in most things I want to do, but those that I don't, stay on my 'to-do' list aggravating me and keeping me from enjoying the time I spend doing the enjoyable things. Sigh

It is true, the older I get the more I realize that my time on this earth is fleeting. Yesterday pastor Barber reminded just how important spending time with God and serving God really is when you look at the big picture. When we look at our lives here on this earth compared to what we know about our lives living eternally with God, it becomes crystal clear that our troubles here on earth are fleeting and there will come a time when we all will stand in judgment of how we spent our lives given to us here on earth. In my life, that's scary. That's what I'm thinking on today and am praying that God will show me ways to use my life each day the way He would have me use it.



Mustard Seed:

"You cannot do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it will be too late."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 comments:

kimberly said...

missed you yesterday, phyllis....but that ole flu caught up with me.....and gave me a good wringing out! :)

to spend time each day with God and ask what his will for my life is.....and be willing....my prayer.

have a wonderful day enjoying the gifts from His hand.
kimberly

kimberly said...

.....and thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers for cathy....and including her in your prayer breakfast with others.
so kind....
kimberly

Annette said...

I love number 18, I use to tell my children"Don't walk with head hung down, you might miss something very beautiful pass you by" and I still say that to this day, I need to practice that my self! I hope you have a excellent day my friend and eat your liver & onions, lot's of Iron in that!! Hug's always Annette

Joni said...

Never have I been more aware of the fleeting of life than lately. This past weekend I was looking through my old wedding pictures and I counted NINE people who attended our wedding who are no longer with us. I watch my own parents dealing with age and it hurts to see what they have to endure. I know the body is only a vessel, but we need to try and take good care of it while we are able...so get your iron straightened out, continue to walk daily because the longer you are around the more you can inspire others to seek God and knowing that should be very renewing to the spirit...

I'm visiting you late today, because I was running late this morning for school and I expect this entire week to be fairly hectic, so don't be surprised by my sporadic-ness...
wishing you love in your day ~
hugs,
Joni

Word of the day.

.:.