Saturday, April 26, 2008

We are His people

Psalm 100
A psalm. For giving thanks.
1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.

3 Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.

5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.


We all have expressed how thankful we are of our lives and the many blessing God has bestowed on us. Today I want to tell you how thankful I am for those that visit this blog. Those that are quiet and those that leave me messages. I feel your presence in my life.

I'll need to come back later and add some other thoughts. The girls are wake and you know what that means. :)

4:00 pm More thoughts: The girls are taking a nap. I really had a hard time getting them to go to sleep because I decided that we would go by Wendy's and pick up chicken nuggets to take to my mother’s house and eat lunch with her. We ate lunch and then went to see the chickens. They had no idea those cute little fuzzy feather balls might one day be their supper. I wish I didn't know that either. Anyway, coming back home, which is just three miles away on a country road, Anna went to sleep. Then she decided that was enough so it took me about an hour to get both the girls to sleep. Kimberly, I know you know all about how hard this is. I never remember it being this hard with Brent, but then again, he was my only child and I was at work most of the time.

It's relay for life time weekend here in Thomaston. Terri and Brent are participating and I'm participating by keeping the girls all day instead of the normal half day on Saturday. Thinking about relay for life makes me thankful too that there are so many that can be helped by joining forces to make a difference not only with the money raised, but the support felt and prayers sent up.

Soup et al.

When I lived in Charleston S.C. as a pre-teen I would spend my baby-sitting money on a Shrimp Salad from cafe in our neighborhood. Can you believe a child would do that! We'll to me it was the best ever and I've never forgotten it. I always look for Shrimp Salad recipes that might be like the one I remember and think I've found it. I haven't tried it yet, but when the girls are gone, I'm going to the grocery store, buy shrimp and stuff and see if this is the ONE! Wish me success!

SHRIMP SALAD OR POTATO SALAD

2 1/2-3 lb. boiled, shelled, deveined, chopped shrimp or
8 boiled peeled, med. Irish potatoes, chopped
1 c.green celery, chopped
1 lg. green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 c. canned pimento, chopped
6 hard boiled eggs, chopped
2 tbsp. dried chives
Mayonnaise, salt, black pepper to taste

Do not use salad dressing. Combine shrimp (or potatoes), celery, green pepper, pimento, eggs and chives, salt and pepper; mix well. Add mayonnaise. Gradually, being careful not to use too much, sprinkle top with paprika. Garnish with sliced boiled egg, pickles, or strips of bell pepper, pretty on lettuce leaves.

Credit: Cooks.com

This recipe says either shrimp or potatoes, but I remember both being in the salad, so I'm going to use half and half. Again, I'll let you know.

I can't wait!

+++++++

I'm sure y'all have some of the same funny traditions we have so here's a flamingo for your cyber yard. Feel blessed.

6 comments:

kimberly said...

and i am so thankful for you, phyllis.....thank you for all you add to me every morning!

and yes....i do know what that means....i am off to watch a sick boy while mommy runs an errand....and back home to watch a well boy while mommy goes to work!
have a wonderful day with your girls!
hugs and thankfulness,
kimberly

Annette said...

Good morning my dear friend, I am Thankul for all my blogging family, when Joni firsy told me about it, I thought alright I can write and not know any one, will as times goes, we do get to know them in a round about way...and I love you all, and so enjoy reading your blog's. I hope you have a great day with the girls! Hug's always Annette

Joni said...

and likewise Phyllis...I am very thankful for YOU...it's a peculiar thing knowing I have never met you in person and can still think about you during my day...whether it be scripture you have shared or a funny story...I feel your presence in my life too...my mornings just would not be the same without you...your friendship is indeed a treasure to my heart...I love the little circle of friends we have here in the blogosphere...I have come to care about each one and I am very thankful our paths have crossed ~

many hugs ~
Joni

Joni said...

I would be honored to have your pink flamingo in my cyber-yard!

That's really cute!

kimberly said...

and the well boy turned into a very sick boy in walgreens......and continued being sick all day....finally feeling better this evening.....and i'm not sure I'M feeling so great! :)
let's see what tomorrow brings!
hugs,
kimberly

Phyllis Russell Franklin said...

Such sweet responses, and Kimberly, I hope you are feeling okay today along with all your family.

Word of the day.

.:.