Monday, May 12, 2008

Conversations

Colossians 3:16

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.


In my Sunday school class yesterday our teacher Beth talked about how different growing up is for our young people than anytime in history. Our lessons are coming from 2 Samuel concerning the wars between the house of Saul and the house of David. Now that was one more mess. I was thinking how different our culture is from the times of the Old Testament, but then again how much of the struggles they had are the same struggles we have today. There certainly are lessons to learn from the stories of the Old Testament even the war stories I don't like to read about. The more things change, the more things stay the same as the old saying goes. We can't turn back time for the sake of having our children grow up the way we did even if we want to, but we can work with what we have and make the best of what God gives us. The thing is, no matter what generation or culture you come from, God is right there too.

Mustard Seed:
Beth encouraged us to try to incorporate the teachings of Jesus Christ in our everyday conversations. I really had not thought about doing this but I'm going to take her challenge and see what I can do. I do know one thing, inviting God into each conversation I have will certainly make a difference. hummmmmm...

1 comment:

Joni said...

anytime people can see Jesus in our words or actions I believe we are being influential...so you are off to a good start!

have a mah-valous day dahling! :)
Joni

Word of the day.

.:.