Monday, June 2, 2008

Flesh counts for nothing

John 6: 60-71

60 On hearing it, many of his disciples said, "This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?"
61 Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, "Does this offend you?

62 Then what if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before!

63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life.

64 Yet there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him.

65 He went on to say, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them."

66 From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.

67 "You do not want to leave too, do you?" Jesus asked the Twelve.

68 Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.

69 We have come to believe and to know that you are the Holy One of God."

70 Then Jesus replied, "Have I not chosen you, the Twelve? Yet one of you is a devil!"

71 (He meant Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot, who, though one of the Twelve, was later to betray him.)

4 comments:

Phyllis Russell Franklin said...

Today is the first day of VBS at our church. Pray with me that the children will enjoy all the fun activities and still receive the message God has for all of them.

Thank you for your prayers for Cason. The golf tournament this weekend raise over $30,000. He is still in the hospital with some complications with his feeding tube. I know the family will appreciate your continued prayers for him and this precious family.

Joni said...

Will continue to pray for little Cason, what a blessing for the fundraiser to have been so successful...I know this is a busy time for you, just know I'm thinking about you and wish you time to just BE in...

much love,
Joni

kimberly said...

i too will continue to remember cason, phyllis....wonderful what love does isn't it?...and prayers.
hoping your days are happy and full of enjoyment....and as joni said...don't forget time for you.
hugs,
kimberly

Annette said...

powerful reading.....I will continue to keep Cason in my prayers, and just how are doing dear friend? I use to love going to vbs when I was younger, got me out of the house and from doing house work, then I hated it when vbs was over, it was never long engough. Love to you...
Annette

Word of the day.

.:.