Friday, June 6, 2008

The Jewish Leaders Do Not Believe

John 7: 45-53

The Jewish Leaders Do Not Believe
45 Finally the temple guards went back to the chief priests and the Pharisees. They asked the guards, "Why didn't you bring him in?"
46 "No one ever spoke the way this man does," the guards replied.

47 "You mean he has fooled you also?" the Pharisees asked. 48 "Have any of the rulers or Pharisees believed in him? 49 No! But this mob knows nothing about the law. There is a curse on them."

50 Then Nicodemus, a Pharisee, spoke. He was the one who had gone to Jesus earlier. He asked, 51 "Does our law find someone guilty without hearing him first? Doesn't it want to find out what he is doing?"

52 They replied, "Are you from Galilee too? Look into it. You will find that a prophet does not come out of Galilee."

53 Then each of them went home.


My brain and body has been fried from the last few weeks of things to do. Today is the last day of VBS and I'm looking forward to having a few days of doing absolutely nothing to recoup. I know my morning Bible study has suffered and I'm already feeling the results of rushing thru so much that God has to say each day. I tell myself that I'll catch up and begin again.

This morning I'm making 100 mini ham, cheese, and lettuce with Thousand Island dressing tortilla sandwiches. Each morning I've been getting up to put something together for all the workers. My consolation is that I'm not the only one. Everyone has pitched in and we have had wonderful snacks to keep everyone going. The kitchen workers have done a wonderful job with all the treats for the students. I'll have to tell you all about those when I rest a bit. Hope someone took some pictures so I can show you what they did!

Hope everyone is having a great week. Thanks for all the posts and email support messages. Things will be back to normal soon and I'll catch up with all your lives too. Love to you all.

4 comments:

kimberly said...

100 mini sandwiches, phyllis....sounds like it will be a well deserved rest...but know that you enjoy the reason for the weariness....
hope your days of recouping are wonderful, restful and a bit more serene....
hugs for your day,
kimberly

Joni said...

Get some rest Phyllis...100 sandwiches would wear anyone out!
We miss you!

xoxoxo,
Joni

Karen said...

I remember VBS weeks and I think they are some of the most tiring and the most fun of days. Hope you can have a restful few days!

Annette said...

I am so glad I believe in him, and I do believe you deserve some rest time, and I want one of your mini sandwiches!!! your the greatest!
God bless, love ya
Annette

Word of the day.

.:.