Saturday, June 7, 2008

Neither do I condemn you

John 8: 1-11

1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.
2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?" 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"

11 "No one, sir," she said.
"Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

3 comments:

Joni said...

a humble reminder why we should never judge others.

sending you love ~
Joni

Annette said...

I agree with Joni, I tell my children and they can now recite it.."I know mom, it's not our place to judge any body" then I remind them to ask God to show himself to them and to help them be a better person, that we dont no their heart.
Hug's always
Annette

Karen said...

I love these verses. As I was reading them just now, I realized that Jesus does this for each one of us.

Thank you for posting your scriptures, I always enjoy them.

Word of the day.

.:.