Monday, June 23, 2008

The true vine

John 15: 1-8

1"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 3You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
5"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. 8This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.


And, here we are at one of my very favorite verses. I memorized this in KJV and quote it quite often that way. These verses touch my heart in ways I can't quite explain. It means more to me than the usual comparison to what happens in the garden vs. what happens in our spiritual life. It's an understanding of the reason we exist and life purpose. It's a prayer checkpoint.

No comments:

Word of the day.

.:.