Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The heavens will drop their dew

Zechariah 8:11
12 "The seed will grow well, the vine will yield its fruit, the ground will produce its crops, and the heavens will drop their dew. I will give all these things as an inheritance to the remnant of this people.


I love opening my bible to a book that I haven't paid too much attention to before and getting wrapped up in the story. Zechariah is one of those books. The old testament is full of stories that have much to teach us today. I forget who said it but I remember it being said that to solve problems today all we need do is look back into history because history repeats itself. I hang on the direct quotes from our Lord. His love is so evident.

This passage speaks to me about healing, hope, and restoration. This is God's desire for all of us and all we have to do is accept it. Why we have to make this difficult is beyond me. I do it all the time thinking I can fix things myself. Women are like that; we are fixers. We, or I should say I, should lay my concerns at the feet of Jesus as He has asked me to.

Today I hope the love of God shines down on you, your family and loved ones. It's raining here... the heavens are dropping their dew.

1 comment:

Annette said...

when I read this passage I got goose bumbs all over, I take as a sighn from the holy spirit talking to me, why is it us women try to fix thing's that sometimes we have no controll over? I have a hard time accepting thing's even when I know its good for me. Did I ever tell you I have a nephew, my husbands sister, his name is Zechariah, and they got the name from the bible. I love reading your page every day, I maynot comment but I do read the word, and thank you. Love to you always
Annette

Word of the day.

.:.