Sunday, August 3, 2008

Be brave, be strong

1 Corinthians 16:13

13 Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong.


I woke this morning with another headache. I know it's sinus and I know what to do, so I head for the medicine basket. Finding the right one, I pop a pill and drink some tea along with a few animal crackers left over from play yesterday.

I hesitate to pray thinking that God might ask me to do something. I want to go back to bed. Then I remember He loves me and wants the best for me. He wouldn't ask me to do something while I have a headache, and if He does He would give me all the power I need to accomplish whatever it is that He wants me to do. So, I open my bible and we begin our talk. Maybe that's all that is needed today... just to talk with Him, be still and listen and be comforted by the presence of His power.

1 comment:

Annette said...

I hope your feeling better now, I get those stupid headaches and I cant stand them..."Be Brave,Be Strong" we hear this so much in our lives dont we? and yet I ask my self... Im I truley brave and strong? are we when we should be?
I might be "brave" talking, and muscle "strong" but sometimes I am not strong or brave when I should be.....excellent reading and something that will ponder in my head all day.....good guestion to ask people and see what kind of responces I get....
Love you
Annette

p.s. I love animal cracker's!!!

Word of the day.

.:.