Friday, August 15, 2008

Greater love

3 And not only that, but we also rejoice in our afflictions, because we know that affliction produces endurance,

4 endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope.


I've yet to find one person who did not have some burden they were carrying, some hurt, some pain, some struggle to deal with on a daily basis. Death, natural disasters, violence, and other painful events happen every day leaving people crushed beneath the weight.

Rising above our broken and imperfect bodies has only one solution and that solution is God. God works in ways we don't understand. His ways and thoughts are not ours. It is for sure He is always working for our good and, get this, He is also working for the good of our enemies. It's beyond my understanding how He can do this, but I know He does. He loves us all and wants the best for all of us. He wants all of us to come to Him. We are His creation and His love for us is greater than the love we have for our children. How is that possible? We serve an amazing God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joni said...

reminds me of that saying "What doesn't kill me will make me stronger"...but what relief God can bring when we open our hearts to receive Him...and then sometimes He arrives in such bounty we just want to share some of it with others, kind of like what you do on this blog...afflictions come in a variety of shapes and sizes, but they all seem proportionately small and dull compared to God's love...I am so thankful for that and I know you are too ~

have a beautiful day ~ I've enjoyed sharing my coffee with you this morning ~ ;)

Word of the day.

.:.