Friday, August 1, 2008

Mercy, peace and love

Jude vs.25

24 Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
25 To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen.


I have a new Bible, yes, it's King James again, but the newer version called the open bible with all these wonderful study aids added in. The pages stick together and the binding is tight. There are no marks, no bent corners, no scuffed up cover to say it has ever been opened. I still have it in the box it came in and when I take it out, I'm careful to preserve my new treasure as it was coming from the store. I know it won't last long because I know my nature. I'll be in a hurry one day and in hast I'll bend a corner, I'll forget and my pen will jot a note on the side. I'll put little asterisks out to the side of something I want to read again on a day my head is clearer. Still, it's nice to have new things. As wonderful as the Internet is with all the translations available, I still want something to hold in my hands that I can bookmark and find when I need it.

I love the doxology Jude gives us in this one chapter book. The study aid says it's one of the greatest doxologies written in the Bible. I can see why. It’s such a comfort to see the words written down proclaiming God’s dominion and power now and forever. Jude wrote this book as encouragement to his fellow believers to continue in faith and not be tricked by false teaching. They speak to us today encouraging us to do the same.

Yesterday I hung my newly named paintings on my bedroom wall. I played with the arrangement a bit and knocked a few holes in the wall. It felt good to have something new to look at and the special names of the art to remember. Some things we just keep in our hearts and no one knows what they truly mean except us. Todays thanks goes out to Diane, Debbie, Maureen, Joni, Annette, Kimberly, Karen, Savannah, SelahV, Ruth, Angie, Sandra, Barbara and Kirstein for your special prayers, emails and friendship. "Mercy, peace and love be multiplied to you." Jude verse 2

1 comment:

Joni said...

I love the idea that He keeps me from stumbling...and I know when my head is in the clouds and I do stumble, He picks me up, brushes me off and sets me back on the right path...

your paintings are so beautiful and they really complement the color of your wall...I know their names are very special to you and I think that is so precious because it envelopes the sentiment of friendship.

I wholeheartedly thank YOU Phyllis for sharing the graces of your talent and words of fellowship that reflect a much greater love...one that we can all appreciate...you are a very special person and I truly feel blessed when I visit your blog and you have written things from your heart...I wish you a day of peace getting familiar with your new bible...there is something very comforting about my worn out bible, I don't know if I could transition into a new one, so I admire your sense of adventure and adaptability.

love to you ~

Word of the day.

.:.