Sunday, August 24, 2008

Worry?

Matthew 6:25
25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?

Worrying about things robs me of the peace that God has promised his children. I realize this and try not to worry, but still worry pops into my head. In Matthew again we read to be careful about one thing only and that is our relationship to our Lord. I smile and agree, my relationship to Jesus is much more important than material things.

Family is more important than material things too. :) Simple pleasures like chocolate milk and holding a pet and the realization that God is in control makes everything right.


1 comment:

Annette said...

I worry so much about things that I shouldnt cause I have no controll over it, but I cant help myself, and I never relized it about until I read your post, I know the good book says "cast your worries unto me" but thats easier said then done, espicalley if your worry wort like myself, when in all reality I need to worry about God thinks. I love it when you post pictures of your granchildren, I noticed her little toe nails are painted too cute, I can remember painting Amanda's with one dip into the bottle of polsih....sweet rememberance!
Hug's always
Annette

Word of the day.

.:.