Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Unsearchable



Jeremiah 33: 3

3 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'


Yesterday I woke with another headache and another this morning. I have no idea what's up with that because I have never had headaches in the morning, or at least one's I can remember. I suppose it's just another adjustment to my aging body. :) Then it might be sinus or just one of those things. I took Benadryl yesterday which I should not have done because it just knocks me out and I ended up going back to bed and saying there until after lunch. Maybe I needed more rest. I don't know.

Today I have lots of things to catch up on and a Jerusalem team meeting at the church, then lunch with the team. Last night I went to see Mamma Mia with a bunch of girlfriends. Some of them brought their husbands and then afterwards I heard one of the men say the movie was certainly a "chick-flick". I totally agree and totally enjoyed the movie. Of course, I'm a sucker for a love story anytime and love a musical. Deep inside I know I'm a dance queen. :)

This morning with my prayer time I was thinking about Mildred Corley who died yesterday. I knew her when she was young just maybe 10 years older than me. She was a wonderful Christian woman who served the Lord faithfully and she will be missed. I'm also thinking about Patsy Jo Clay who is taking care of her sick mother. I'm thinking about my own mother who is 20 years older than I am. It seems that the older I get the younger she seems. In January she will be 81.

This mornings verse tickled me when I read it because I'm always using the internet search engines to look up things I don't know. It's a good reminder to remember to always go to Him for answers. He can answer things questions that aren't "searchable". :)

4 comments:

Annette said...

my communication line to our father gets a little staticky at times, but I call him so much and he takes awhile to answer my call, maybe my lines shouldnt be so busy...I love him so much and I know he loves me too! I love your pictures you post...your family is a very nice looking family. I'll see Dee today...it makes my heart ache with saddness, but I hsould be rejoicing for her couse she's "gonna see the king soon"
Love ya bunches
Ammette

kimberly said...

best "search engine" we could possibly have, phyllis....good to be reminded!
hugs,
kimberly

Anonymous said...

this is one of the few plays i've actually seen, which ended up being great... it's funny to think of ol' Pierce taking a stab at singing, yeeesh

Phyllis Russell Franklin said...

Annette, Dee must be very dear to your heart. She is fortunate to have such a great friend.

Kimberly, your right... as always. :)

Movie bugg, I agree. It was a cute play made into a cute movie. :)

Word of the day.

.:.