Saturday, September 13, 2008

All night prayer

Luke 6:12

And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.


I don't think I have ever prayed all night long except for maybe times that concerned sick children. Even then, I know I didn't pray all night because I was also taking care of them. What a image Jesus has left us to ponder. There have been a few times I have set aside special hours to pray for certain things and all of these times have been very deep and special times. It makes me wonder why I don't do this often. So many times I quickly say a prayer, study a bit and move on. Finding this verse today feels like a nudge from God to talk with Him and listen to what He says on a deeper level.

1 comment:

Annette said...

I havent prayed all night, but I have set my alarm clock to go off at certain time's to pray for a group that goes up to the mountains, it's kind of like a marriage retreat and I put my self on the list and prayer's are being said 24 hr's for ever how many days these people are there, it's just an awesome feeling to do this! I love hoe God will bring thing's to my attention, I get all excited about it!
xoxoxoxoxox
Annette

Word of the day.

.:.