Thursday, September 11, 2008

Armor

Ephesians 6:11-12

11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.


I don't really know how many times I've studied this particular passage but visions of a flannel board with warriors being put up for us to learn from come to my mind so I know I've been reading and studying these verses since childhood. It's no wonder too because unless we do have the proper armor we will never be able to stand against the devil.

Hope you have a good day today.

2 comments:

Joni said...

I had a teacher once tell me she wore jewelry from friends as armor. The jewelry served as protection and reminders of support...it made her feel like a warrior. In my mind I thought, "How sad, her friends should have given her Jesus and she'd never have to take Him off and feel vulnerable."

I'm so happy we can armor ourselves with God. I believe He provides the necessary insights and education to resist the trappings of the devil...we just have to pay attention.

You have a good day too!
much love,
:)

kimberly said...

thinking of you, phyllis....hoping your day was special.
hugs,
kimberly

Word of the day.

.:.