Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Glory

John 17: 1-5

1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,

2 as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.

3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

4 I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do.

5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.


What an awesome picture of Jesus fully man yet fully God.

John 10:28-30

28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.

29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand.

30 I and My Father are one.”

I looked up the word glorify in the dictionary because I caught myself wondering exactly what that word meant to me. Take a look... Glorify. To be honest with you, I can't think of this word without thinking of Jesus. I know we use the word to describe other events or people like when we say, " Well, that's just a glorified version ...", but still when I think of being glorified, I think of Jesus.

I can hear my Grandmother say the word "glory". She used it in her best southern drawl to exclaim something so unbelievably beautiful or astounding as not had been seen or thought of before. This is what I believe we will be wrapped in when we die and become present with the Lord. Glory.

No comments:

Word of the day.

.:.