Friday, September 12, 2008

Memories of flannelgraph

Ephesians 6:13-17

13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,

15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;




I was so happy to learn I can still get flannelgraph sets for my granddaughters! My memories of sitting on the floor while my Sunday school teacher told all about the different characters in the Bible are still with me today and I want this experience for my granddaughters. Sure they have the videos and I'm sure their teacher today works with power point and all the new tools but there is something about being able to hold baby Moses in your hand and then put him in his basket that makes the story come alive. I can't wait to order! Here's the site I found! http://forevertoys.zoovy.com/category/8a_biblefelts/



Oh... don't know what flannelgraph is? What a pity. :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flannelgraph

1 comment:

Annette said...

I remember flannelgraph from vaction bible schools or sunday school, and your right it did make the storey come to life! Thank you for the great memory!
Hugs
Annette

Word of the day.

.:.