Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sold

14For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.


Romans 7:14-25
I love this verse. At first it rolls off everyone's tongue like a tongue twister and a bit of a puzzle but after really looking and hearing, just about everyone sees that it's just a picture of our human condition. We all sin and most of us hate sin. I would venture to say that even those that enjoy sin actually deep down don't really want to sin.

I think until we actually are faced with spiritual law we don't see how really sinful we are. It's like my paintings. I think they are GREAT until I go see some in a museum or even put them beside some of the work of my friends. Then I see. :)

Praying today for safe travel for my friend Ruth. She will be coming to spend a few days with me. I haven't seen her in about 5 years and it will be good to connect again and have time to enjoy her company.
This is one of her paintings and it belongs to ME! :) BIG GRIN It's my Tuesday Treasure. :)




See more of Ruth's paintings here.

No comments:

Word of the day.

.:.