Monday, November 17, 2008

Learning authority

Romans 13: 1-7

1 Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

2Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

3For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you.

4For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

5Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience.

6This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing.

7Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.


As I sit this morning with my coffee and turn to my Bible I am thankful for His word that can speak to me on so many levels. I smiled this morning thinking how thankful I am for my family, home, country and for my place on this earth. This weekend just couldn't get any better than having my granddaughters spend the weekend. Watching them grow and explore all things new is amazing.

Carley Ann found my old rubics cube. We had a fine time playing and she giggled each time we made another side of the puzzle fall in place. I looked for it this morning but it's disappeared probably under the couch or tucked away in the toy bin.

Terri and I took the girls to the Christmas village market to see all the trees decorated with different ornaments. Santa was there but Carley Ann and Anna Claire wouldn't get near him. Carley Ann said his beard was too long and she liked the Santa only when his beard was short. She did shake the elf's hand and smiled at the gingerbread man. Anna Claire wouldn't look and kept her head buried in her mothers shoulder. I did see her take a quick peak just once. These are such happy days.

No comments:

Word of the day.

.:.