Monday, December 8, 2008

Heart overflow

The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.


Luke 6:45

My cell phone went dead while I was talking with my mother. The phone had given me a beep signal to let me know I needed to recharge the battery so that gave me time to tell mother that if she needed me to call 911 and have the police come and get me. I'm one of the ones that has gone exclusively to cell phone and it's times like this I really want my old land line back. Fortunately I had already told mother what I needed her to know.

Talking with mother this morning and getting disconnected made me think how important our conversations really are. We say so much even when we don't say anything important. The big reason for our conversation this morning was just to be family and let mother know I love her.

3 comments:

kimberly said...

what an important thing....to say i love you!
hugs today phyllis....i've been decorating a bit too....and loving it!
kimberly

Annette said...

I call momma almost everyday on my lunch break, just so I can hear her voice and chat about what ever might be bother us, and we always manage to lift each up, or she'll say "Well honey just get down on your knees and ask God for guidance" I love my mom so much, will you already knew that uh? =) Hugs to always
Annette

Joni said...

I have always freely expressed "I love you" to my family members and sometimes I think the kids get a little annoyed by it, but I know there are many, MANY things they won't really appreciate until they have families of their own...and then I'll just smile...knowing.

Three little words that comfort, convey a special connection, and settle into the hearts of mothers everywhere...it's important to take time out just to hear how they sound.

:)

Word of the day.

.:.