Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Scrubbing

But godliness with contentment is great gain, For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out,

1 Timothy 6:6,7


I washed my hands at the kitchen sink after being outside cleaning the glass top table on the back porch. The dust of the fall season covered the glass like glue making it hard to get off so it took several tries before I made much headway. I threw the paper towels in the trash and looked down at my hands. What a mess!

The warm water felt good and I worked hard to scrub the dirt off my skin and under my nails. It was then I realized some spots weren’t coming off. Age spots, I finally have some. I wonder why I didn't see them before? I smiled when I thought, "Well, now maybe I can connect the dots."

3 comments:

Karen said...

That was so cute. I enjoyed reading your words today and I love this verse. Contentment is a great gift.

Annette said...

loved it...connect the dots =) I've noticed a few of those boogers on my hand! when Amanda was little and she'd ask me "What are these?" I'd tell "That's where the angels kissed you" and for along time if she'd find a new one she'd say "I have a new kiss angel" she went to school and told the teacher....too cute uh?
Have a great evening dear friend
xoxoxox
Annette

Kathy Schwanke said...

Funny. thanks for the chuckle. I have enjoyed browsing your blog. A fellow lover of Jesus...

Word of the day.

.:.