Sunday, March 8, 2009

Believe

John 5:39-47 (New International Version)

39You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, 40yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

41"I do not accept praise from men, 42but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts. 43I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him. 44How can you believe if you accept praise from one another, yet make no effort to obtain the praise that comes from the only God?

45"But do not think I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set. 46If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me. 47But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?"


Billy Graham was returning
to Charlotte after a speaking engagement and when his Plane arrived there was a limousine there to transport him to his home..

As he prepared to get into the limo, he stopped
and spoke to the driver.

'You know' he said, 'I am 87 years old and I have never
driven a limousine.. Would you mind if I drove it for a while?'

The driver said,

'No problem. Have at it.'

Billy gets into the driver's seat and they head off
down the highway.
A short distance away
sat a rookie State Trooper operating his first speed trap.

The long black limo went by him doing 70 in a 55 mph zone.

The trooper pulled out
and easily caught the limo
and he got out of his patrol car to begin the procedure..

The young trooper walked up to the driver's door
and when the glass
was rolled down,
he was surprised to see
who was driving.

He immediately excused himself and went back to his car
and called his supervisor.

He told the supervisor,
'I know we are supposed
to enforce the law.....
But I also know that
important people are
given certain courtesies.
I need to know what
I should do because
I have stopped a
very important person.'

The supervisor asked,
'Is it the governor?'

The young trooper said,
'No, he's more important
than that.'

The supervisor said,
'Oh, so it's the president.'

The young trooper said,
'No, he's even more
important than that.'

The supervisor finally asked,

'Well then, who is it?'

The young trooper said,
'I think it's Jesus,
because he's got Billy Graham for a chauffeur!'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's hard sometimes, when we consider all we do to try and uplift Jesus and then we realize that even when He stood before so many learned men, they could not believe in Him. Instead, they conspired to rid themselves of His presence. And sometimes when I find myself looking to other things for help, pleasure, strength, comfort, I am reminded that I am no better than these so long ago. Thanks for this scripture message, today, Phyllis. It touches me. selahV

Word of the day.

.:.