Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Relax - God is in control

Psalm 105-1-9

1 Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name;
make known among the nations what he has done.

2 Sing to him, sing praise to him;
tell of all his wonderful acts.

3 Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.

4 Look to the LORD and his strength;
seek his face always.

5 Remember the wonders he has done,
his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced,

6 O descendants of Abraham his servant,
O sons of Jacob, his chosen ones.

7 He is the LORD our God;
his judgments are in all the earth.

8 He remembers his covenant forever,
the word he commanded, for a thousand generations,

9 the covenant he made with Abraham,
the oath he swore to Isaac.


Today my mind has jumped from one thought to another. My mind needed to be calm but it said not now. As I spend time in the Word I realize that I don't have to be in control as long as I remember who God is and what He does. His Word gives me the comfort and calm I need.

Wishing you the best night and sweet dreams.

2 comments:

Joni said...

Life is so much sweeter when God is in control...it's then we can see the purpose in most things. I hope these days find you recuperating from your ordeal. Have you had help? Please let us know of any prayer needs ~

sending you love ~ from Cali to Georgia :)

Phyllis Russell Franklin said...

Thanks Joni. I am okay. I've tried to sleep in the house a couple of times but have a hard time. I'm trying again tonight... where is that benedryl? That usually knocks me out. :)

Word of the day.

.:.