Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A wise investment

2 Chronicles 16:9 (New International Version)
9 For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. You have done a foolish thing, and from now on you will be at war."


It's true, I've been rushing around like a crazy woman and spinning my wheels in the dirt. I can't really say I've accomplished much. The fire at the house and still trying to keep up some committments I had made kept my schedule so full that I got way off my normal schedule. Sigh, part of the schedule that was pushed aside was my time to talk just to God. I've heard all my life that God waits for us to come to Him. I think that's still true but understanding why He waits is something that has become clearer to me since the grandchildren were born. When I am away from them my heart just aches. Who would have thought? Grandchildren ARE so special and just wiggle their way into your heart before you even think it's happening. I can't stand to be away from them. When I'm not with them, I'm thinking about them and how much fun we will have when we are together again. I'm thinking God is like this too. Nothing thrills my heart like the sound of my grandkids calling my name. I'm thinking God is like this too. What a surprise. :)

On the other side, my side, I miss God when I'm physically and spiritually away and haven't made time for Him. It's good to have one on one talks with God about everyday concerns, blessings, thanksgivings and just being able to connect.

This week some of the youth in our church are going on a mission trip and they have left behind wrist bands that have their names on them that we are wearing to remind us to pray for them specifically while they are away. Today I am praying for Gunner Craft his safety and to have a closeness to God.

No comments:

Word of the day.

.:.