Monday, January 14, 2008

Mother's 80th


Matthew 17:20
He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."


.:. The SOP (standard operating plan )

  • Wake early
  • Feed Cocoapuff
  • Coffee
  • Devotion - Prayer
  • Breakfast - Yogart and cereal mix
  • Journal
  • Dress routine complete with vitamins
  • Walk
  • Office Monday
  • Clean House- work on throwing away stuff
  • Lunch -Health fruits,vegetables & water
  • Healthy Snacks
  • water
  • Dinner - Healthy fruits,vegetables &water
  • TV, Read, Internet, whatever
  • Sleep by 11


Lots of things to take care of today on office Monday. Yesterday was my mothers 80th birthday, so I took her some red roses and today we are going to go out to eat somewhere. I'm so lucky to have my mother living. We certainly butt heads but I love her. She is always there to help me with advice and loves me.

My painting sisters all have gone to Sarasota for an annual week of painting there. Durinda, rents a cottage for the whole month of January each year and then chooses a week just for the Southern Ladies Art Conference to come down and be with her. I can't go this year because of my knee, leg, hip thing and I'm feeling a bit sad. My trip to the High confirmed that I can't walk very far or stay up on my leg very long without paying for it in great pain. I am encouraged, however, that I am making good progress and maybe by April I'll be able to get back out and paint. April is my goal because that's when the azaleas are in bloom at Callaway and my paintings sisters come to my house at Callaway to paint for a week or so.

As I sit drinking my coffee and planning my day I'm thinking about Spring. The flower catalogs and garden magazines tempt me to over order and get too ambitious. I'm really looking forward to making some changes in my garden this year. I want to get rid of all the vines I thought I wanted and neat things up a bit. More and more I find that I really do like things that have patterns. I suppose it's the artist eye that makes me so. I tried the cottage garden feel where everything runs together, but that's not me. I want order. We'll see what happens this spring. Until then, I'll enjoy this little bit of winter we have here in West Central Georgia and sketch my garden plans.

2 comments:

Joni said...

I hope you have enjoyed the time with your mother. My own mother will be 73 in March and I can't imagine being without her. Your annual week of painting sounds like so much fun...just the girls hanging out...yet another reason to get the garden ready...it must be very beautiful.

Annette said...

yes your very lucky to still have your mother, I too like Joni cant imagine my life without my mom, she's my everything to me, my Dr., my counslor, my "shrink" and most of my BEST FRIEND. Wish your mother a belated birthday wish from one of "blog buddies"

Word of the day.

.:.