Friday, October 3, 2008

Time alone

Psalm 62:1

Truly my soul waited upon God: from Him cometh my salvation.


In the Bible we read many accounts where people including Jesus would seek out solitude so they could talk with God one on one. I catch myself saying a quick prayer here and there, doing my devotion time and then going about my daily life.

God listens patiently but I know He wants more. He wants more because He wants to give us more. I know this is true because the times I have given my relationship with God the time and effort it deserves, I have felt His presence, His love, His guidance, His power in my life beyond anything I expected or certainly deserved.

No, I don't think we have to have a mountaintop or desert experience every day. I just think time alone with God in a new place reconnects us in a way that living our routine Christian lives can't.

Today is my son's birthday. I remember well the day the nurses placed that baby boy in my arms. I think I share a common experience with many mothers and fathers when they say they know their children were a gift from God. Brent certainly was and still is. I'm thankful for God's presence that day in the hospital and for His continued presence in all our lives.

No comments:

Word of the day.

.:.